The church was built during Swedish time in 1632 on a cannon tower insdie the walls. The church burnt down July 1941, but was restored thanks to local pastor Herbert Kuurme in 1952. Altar, pulpit, lights and tower bells (XIX) are from the now defunct University of Tartu church. The organ is made in 1900 and comes from Fr. Sauer factory in Germany. The church also has three stained glassed windows by Dolores Hofmann.